1055 University Ave, Dubuque, IA 52001
Facebook Twitter RSS Feed Email Delays and Cancellations Listen Live

Dubuque & Tri-State News

Maquoketa Municipal Airport is getting makeover

January 21, 2022

MAQUOKETA, Iowa -Maquoketa Municipal Airport is getting a makeover. Maquoketa City Council members this week approved plans for a project to extend the runway by 500 feet. The Maquoketa Airport Commission, said the end of the runway is in disrepair, with crumbling blacktop and weeds, making it unsafe to land a plane.
Construction is tentatively slated for summer 2023.
-0-

Dubque County suspends COVID-19 contact tracing

January 21, 2022

DUBUQUE, Iowa (KCRG) – The Dubque County Board of Health voted to support a proposal to suspend COVID-19 contact tracing at a meeting on Wednesday. In a news release, the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team said in its place, it plans to increase promotion of quarantine and isolation guidance and the county COVID-19 hotline (563-556-6200).
-0-

Employee at Dubuque residential facility is facing theft charges

January 21, 2022

An employee at a Dubuque residential facility is facing theft charges. Danielle M. Kunkel, 30, of Cuba City, Wis., was arrested Monday after she allegedly stole a patients medication at Hills & Dales Child Development Center for her own use between Dec. 31 and Jan. 5, court documents state. She has since been fired.
-0-

COVID causing staffing issues in Dubuque

January 21, 2022

DUBUQUE, Iowa (KCRG) – Officials in Dubuque say city offices are experiencing staffing shortages due to COVID-19 infections. Earlier this week, the city temporarily suspended in-person payments for utility bills and parking fines at City Hall. The city expects to resume services on Monday.
-0-

Jackson County organization has received a rural innovation grant

January 21, 2022

MAQUOKETA, Iowa — A Jackson County organization has received a rural innovation grant to fund a program for high school students. Innovate 120, of Maquoketa, received a grant of $13,120 from Iowa Economic Development Authority, according to a press release. The release states that the funds will help support the launch of Startup 120, a program for high school students to pitch their startup ideas in a competition. The program will be located in Maquoketa’s new entrepreneurship hub.
-0-

More than 1,000 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Dubuque County

January 21, 2022

More than 1,000 new cases of COVID-19 were reported in Dubuque County Wednesday, the first time the county has topped that threshold in a one-week span since late 2020. Based on sampling, the Iowa Department of Public Health has estimated that 90% of positive cases in Dubuque County in January have been the omicron variant. The other 10% were estimated to be the delta variant. Based on past trends, health experts say it may be another couple of weeks before the virus loosens it”s grip.
-0-

Dubuque County family displaced after their home caught fire

January 21, 2022

NEW VIENNA, Iowa (KCRG) – A family in Dubuque County has been displaced after their home caught fire Thursday morning. Two people and the family dog made it out of the home in New Vienna, north of Dyersville, unharmed, according to reports from our content sponsors at KCRG. The fire was reportedly caused by a wood burning stove in the home.
-0-

Dubuque County Home Destroyed By Fire

January 20, 2022

A Dubuque County home was destroyed by a fire Thursday morning. Firefighters went to a home at 16963 Lukan Road for a “fully involved structure fire at about 7am, reports the Telegraph Herald. Two family members and the family dog were home at the time and escaped the fire uninjured. No word yet on a cause.

Dubuque Honored For Budget Efforts

January 20, 2022

The Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) has awarded the City of Dubuque the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for its Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 budget.
The Distinguished Budget Presentation Award is the highest form of recognition in governmental budgeting, and its attainment represents a significant accomplishment by a government and its leaders

County Health Board Votes To Suspend Contact Tracing Efforts

January 20, 2022

At its meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 19, the Dubuque County Board of Health voted to support a proposal from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team to suspend contact tracing efforts for positive COVID-19 cases. In place of those efforts, the team will increase promotion of quarantine and isolation guidance as well as the Dubuque County COVID-19 “hotline” (563-556-6200)